The Military Nursing Services (MNS), often referred to as the Indian Army B.Sc. Nursing Course, is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Army. The MNS exam provides a promising career opportunity to young female aspirants to join the prestigious defence forces as Military Nursing Officer. There are multiple stages involved in the selection of the eligible candidates for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) Course at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. In this article, we will specifically discuss the stages of the selection involved in the MNS exam as well as the documents to be produced during the MNS interview.
Selection Process in the MNS Exam
MNS Written Exam (CBT): The first stage of selection involves a computer-based online test of 90 minutes covering objective-type questions from General Science, General Intelligence, and General English.
MNS Interview: On the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the MNS written exam, they will be called for an interview at a designated center which involves the second stage of the selection process.
MNS Medical Examination: After successful completion of the MNS Interview, the selected candidates will appear for medical examination which assesses their physical and mental compatibility to work in the defence forces.
Medical Status: Candidates are informed about the FIT/UNFIT status of their medical examination including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD by the President of the Selection Medical Board (SMB).
Final Results: The final selection of the candidates will be based on the aggregate marks scored by them in the computer-based online examination, Interview, medical status, choice & vacancy in each College.
Documents to be produced during the MNS Interview
After the completion of the computer-based test, the interview is the second round of the selection process in the MNS exam. The major objective of conducting the interview is to analyze the compatibility of candidates for the Military Nursing Services. Most of the questions in the MNS interview are asked from the family background of the candidates, their educational qualification, and their perspective towards the military nursing services. During the MNS interview, the following are the important documents to be produced in original along with one attested photocopy of each.
- 10th or equivalent Certificate in support of the date of birth of the candidates.
- 10+2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- Interview Call Letter
- Aadhar Card
- Gap Certificate, as the case may be.
- Two latest Character Certificates issued from different Gazetted Officers.
- Bonafide certificate issued by the School Principal along with an attested copy of the admit card of the board examination in case of 12th appearing candidates.
- Domicile Certificate/Nationality Certificate (DC/NC ).
- Dependent Certificate of Army/Ex-Personnel, as the case may be.
- Certificate of SC/ ST, as applicable in case of the reserved categories
- Dependent Certificate (DC) of Army / Ex-Service personnel from the Competent Authority, as the case may be.
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate, if the candidate is an NCC Cadet
- Certificate of Participation in the Sports Events at School/College/District/State/National Level, as the case may be.
- At least 10 Colored Passport-size Photographs
- Travel ticket for reimbursement of the conveyance charges
The competent authority has the right to revoke the candidature of an applicant in case she fails to present the required set of documents during the Interview. The TA will not be applicable in the event of not providing the required set of documentation. Therefore, the MNS aspirants are advised to follow the instructions carefully and arrange the essential documents to avoid any further discrepancies.