CDS Maths Sample Question Paper - Download PDF
CDS (1) 2023 is scheduled to take place on 16th April and only some days are left for the exam. Candidates must be anxious about their preparation for mathematics papers. Mathematics Paper is one of the hardest papers in the CDS Exam and many candidates are even afraid of it. But, Mathematics Paper in the CDS holds so much importance because, without qualifying maths paper, you cannot qualify for AFA, IMA, and INA. So, Candidates should not ignore maths papers at all costs.
Tips for CDS Mathematics Paper
Here, we are providing some tips that candidates can use to excel in CDS mathematics papers-
- Understand the exam pattern- Before starting your preparation; make sure you are aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme, and syllabus. This will help you plan your preparation accordingly. There will be 100 questions in the mathematics papers and candidates can attempt all of them. Two Hours will be provided for solving the paper.
- Practice regularly- Mathematics requires a lot of practice. Solve as many problems as possible from different sources, including previous year question papers, mock tests, and textbooks.
- Focus on the basics- It's essential to have a strong foundation in the basics of mathematics, including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus. Spend more time on the topics that you find difficult.
- Time management- Time management is crucial during the exam. Practice solving problems within the stipulated time frame to increase your speed and accuracy. 2 Hours will be provided for mathematics papers so candidates must manage time efficiently.
- Revise notes- Revise notes of all the important formulas and theorems. This will help you to recall everything quickly before the exam.
- Do not attempt the Question You do not know- Avoid guesswork as there is a negative marking of .33 marks for every incorrect answer in the mathematics paper. If you are unsure about a question, it's better to leave it and move on to the next one.