It requires immense hard work and dedication along with a right preparation strategy to crack the NDA exam in the first attempt. The NDA exam is one of the most distinguished examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Along with having a highly competitive base, this exam is very popular among defence aspirants who want to join the Indian Armed Forces. Several career progression opportunities, various perks and benefits, and a renowned career in defence forces attract lakhs of candidates making NDA a highly competitive exam.
We have come up with a crucial preparation strategy to help defence aspirants perform well in the exam. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the important tips and tricks required to crack the NDA exam in the first attempt.
How to Crack NDA in First Attempt
As discussed earlier, the NDA exam is a national-level entrance exam conducted twice a year by the UPSC to select eligible candidates for admission into prestigious National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune. Before we start discussing in detail about the important tips and tricks, let's see a brief introduction of the NDA exam.
- The NDA exam consists of three stages, Written, SSB Interview, and Medical Examination.
- Only male candidates who meet the required eligibility criteria can apply for the NDA exam.
- There are two papers in the NDA written exam, Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT).
- Both papers of the NDA written exam are bilingual and consist of only objective-type questions.
- After qualifying the written exam, the successful candidates are called for the SSB Interview.
- After completion of every stage, a final merit list of selected candidates is declared by the UPSC.
Register yourself with India's Elite NDA Coaching Institute for Complete NDA Preparation.
Important Tips and Tricks for NDA Written Exam
If you have an optimistic view, confidence, and commitment then you possess that potential to bring out the positive outcome even during the toughest times. Present studies on the competitive exams reveal that the students preparing for any competitive exams currently have better chances of getting success since the ratio of the candidates applying and appearing for an exam has gone down during this unprecedented times. Following are the important tips and tricks to be followed by the candidates to crack the NDA exam in the first attempt.
- Syllabus is a crucial component in preparation for an exam, thus, the aspirants are advised to go through the detailed syllabus of the NDA written exam. This will help them to cover the important aspects of the syllabus essential from the examination point of view.
- The NDA written exam is divided into two parts, Part A consists of Mathematics paper that contains 120 objective questions carrying a total of 300 marks, whereas, Part B consists of General Ability Test (GAT) paper that contains 150 questions carrying a total of 600 marks.
- The NDA written exam is conducted in two shifts on a single day and each paper is to be completed within a time duration of 150 minutes. For the convenience of the candidates, the NDA written exam is bilingual and contains questions in both English and Hindi languages.
- The Mathematics paper includes topics such as Algebra, Matrices, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics & Probability, Differential Equations, and Vector Algebra, whereas, the GAT paper includes topics such as English, General Science, General Knowledge, & Current Affairs.
- Candidates are advised to focus specifically on improving the English section as it is an important part of the GAT paper and includes 50 objectives questions from different topics such as reading comprehension, vocabulary, idioms & phrases, synonyms, antonyms, & finding the errors.
- To eradicate distractions, candidates should try to create a study environment to enhance the learning outcomes without any discrepancies. Effective time-management, proper study plan and a realistic mindset are the key factors that also influence the learning environment.
- The aspirants should focus on basics as well as advanced aspects associated with the NDA written syllabus by scheduling the study plan for every important topic like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Political Science and Constitution, History, Economics, & Current Affairs.
- The Current Affairs section is of vital importance for scoring maximum marks in any competitive exam, therefore, the NDA aspirants are advised to go through every important national and international happening like, Seminars, Awards & Honours, Scientific Discoveries, & UNO, etc.
- Solving the previous year's question papers has always been the most realistic approach to get acquainted with the syllabus, exam pattern, difficulty level, and the nature of the questions asked in the actual exam. Thus, aspirants should try to solve the maximum number of papers.
- Revising the learned topics has a significant role in boosting the memory power and keeping oneself updated. The NDA aspirants should keep their approach positive and try to maximize the learning efficiency for a timely revision of the learned topics before the commencement of the actual exam.
- Lastly, keeping in mind the ongoing pandemic situation, the aspirants should take proper care of their health by adhering specified norms and regulations, taking adequate sleep, following proper hygiene and sanitation, and doing regular exercises and meditation.
Important Tips and Tricks for SSB Interview
After qualifying for the NDA written exam, the shortlisted candidates are called for an extensive interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). The SSB Interview for the NDA exam is conducted in two stages: Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 consists of PP&DT (Picture Perception & Description Test) and OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) tests. Those candidates who qualify the Stage 1 are selected for Stage 2 which consists of Group Testing Officer (GTO) Tasks, Interview, Conference and Psychology Tests. Following are the important tips and tricks to crack the SSB Interview of the NDA exam in the first attempt.
- Get complete details of the SSB Tests and Procedures
- Practice for Different Tests like WAT, TAT, SD and SRT
- Keep yourself updated with multidisciplinary skills for various Tests
- Stay updated with the Current Affairs to face the relevant questions
- Prepare for Group Discussion (GD) & Group Planning Exercise (GPE)
- Prepare for Progressive Group Task (PGT) and Lecturette
- Develop the level of confidence and oratory skills to perform better
- Enhance your academic and technical knowledge & know your native place better
We hope that the above article on How to Crack NDA in First Attempt will help you to understand the exam properly and to make necessary improvements accordingly to crack the exam with flying colors.
If you are preparing for the NDA written exam or the SSB Interview contact us on 9795977776 for the best preparation of the NDA exam with elite defence experts.
Click here for ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION to the new batches of NDA, SSB Interview, Air Force X & Y Group, MNS, AFCAT & CDS with India’s Best Defence Coaching.