A military uniform is a standardised Uniform worn by members of the armed forces and paramilitaries of various nations.Military uniforms in the form of standardised and distinctive dress, intended for identification and display, are typically a sign of organised military forces equipped by a central authority.
When you join the National Defence Academy, you will wear different uniforms meant for different event and occasions, here are 11 uniforms that NDA cadets wear at the academy.
Importance Of Military Uniform :
- First of all, wearing a uniform makes a military servant responsible for representation of a particular army department he or she belongs to.
- The second reason to claim that the military appearance. The uniform includes various military insignias, and, therefore, symbolizes especial honor and military dignity.
- In a military organisation, Uniforms help promote togetherness, unity, and pride. In short, they foster team spirit.
Types Of Uniforms Worn at NDA :
- Dress No 1/1A Dress used for ceremonial functions in winter, also known as Blue Patrol.
- Dress No 2/2A Dress used for ceremonial functions in summer also known as White Patrol
- Dress 2B Mess semi-formal dress used for ceremonial mess functions in summer
- Dress No 3 Drill order used for drill in summer (worn with jersey in winter)
- Dress No 4 Working dress worn for academic classes in summer (worn with jersey in winter)
- Dress No 5/5A Walking out a dress worn after the retreat in summer and at dinners (worn with jersey in winter)
- Dress No 6/6A Mufti dress worn for Habibullah functions, Liberty and Gole Market (worn with blazers in winter)
- Dress No 7/7A Combat dress worn for field training (worn with jersey in winter)
- Dress No 8/8A Dress worn for equitation training (with jersey in winter)
- Dress No 9/9A Dress worn for PT in summer (with jersey in winter and known as Green Patrol)
- Ceremonial Games Dress Worn during ceremonial games occasions (with blazers in winter)
Taking Care Of Military Uniform :
- The military dress must always be neat, well-ironed, and fully buttoned.
- In addition to the cleanness of the dress, military appearance includes physical fitness and weight standards.
- In this way, servants are committed to keep themselves fit. Wearing the uniform in duration of a whole day also stimulates servants’ disciplinary. Increasing of individual’s disciplinary leads, in its turn, to increasing of general army effectiveness.
Personality Development Coach, Defence Career Mentor,
Center Head-Centurion Defence Academy