In an ever-evolving world, staying updated with the latest news and events is of paramount importance. Today, we bring you the Daily GK Update for the 28th of October 2023, providing a comprehensive overview of the most significant current affairs from around the globe.
Staying updated with the 28 October Current Affairs 2023 is essential for students who are preparing for NDA, CDS, AFCAT, MNS & Other Defence exams, as it forms an important part of the syllabus.
Hardeep Singh Puri launches India’s first home-produced Reference Fuel
- In a major milestone for the nation, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched India’s first home-produced Reference Fuel in New Delhi .
- Reference Fuel is used for developing engines and assessing its performance.
- Earlier, India used to exclusively import it from other nations.
New Delhi: PM Modi to inaugurate 7th Edition of Indian Mobile Congress
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 7th Edition of the Indian Mobile Congress 2023 at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi.
- During the programme, he will award 100 5G Use Case Labs to educational institutions across the country.
- These labs are being developed under the 100 5G labs initiative.
Asian Para Games: Sivarajan, Krishna Nagar won Bronze in badminton
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, congratulated Sivarajan and Krishna Nagar for winning a bronze medal in the men's doubles badminton SH6 event at the Hangzhou Asian Para Games.
- The duo put up a tough fight but lost to the Hong Kong pair of Wong and Chu Man in the semifinals. India had earlier surpassed its best-ever medal tally at the Asian Para Games, crossing the 72-medal mark.
Simran Vats won Silver in women's 200m - T12 at Asian Para Games
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, congratulated Simran Vats for clinching a silver medal in the women's 200m - T12 event at the Hangzhou Asian Para Games.
- Simran clocked timings of 26.12 seconds to finish the race.
- She finished behind Iran’s Hagar Safarzadeh Ghahderijani, who clocked the timings of 25.87 seconds.
- The bronze medal went to China’s Yaqin Shen.
Sheetal Devi, Rakesh Kumar won Gold in archery at Asian Para Games
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi, congratulated Sheetal Devi and Rakesh Kumar for clinching a gold medal in archery at the Hangzhou Asian Para Games.
- Sheetal Devi, 16, won 3 medals, including 2 Golds in Asian Para Games.
- 16-year-old Sheetal Devi used her legs to aim and shoot the arrow.
- Rakesh Kumar is from Jammu, the lone survivor of a road accident which gave him a permanent wheelchair.
Richa Chadha to receive award from Consul General of France
- Actor Richa Chadha will be awarded the title of ‘Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ from the French government for her significant contributions in the field of arts.
- The actor’s 2015 critically-acclaimed film, “Masaan” was an Indo-French co-production that was screened in the “Un Certain Regard” section at the Cannes Film Festival the same year and had won two awards.
EU and India conduct Joint Maritime Exercise in Gulf of Guinea
- The exercise followed the third meeting of the EU-India Maritime Security Dialogue on 5 Oct 23 in Brussels.
- During the exercise, Indian Navy’s INS Sumedha, an Offshore Patrol Vessel, was joined by three EU Member States ships in the Gulf of Guinea.
- The navies practiced a series of tactical manoeuvers in international waters, including a boarding and a flying exercise using the helicopters.
"Chanakya Defence Dialogue 2023" conducted by Indian Army in New Delhi
- General Manoj Pande, Chief of the Army Staff, presided over the event, offering a glimpse of the upcoming two-day defence dialogue, set to navigate the wide canvas of regional and global security.
- ‘Chanakya Defence Dialogue 2023’ is being organised by the Indian Army in partnership with Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).
- The event is being conducted in Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
ICG Subordinate Officers’ Conclave 2023 held in New Delhi
- The 6th Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Subordinate Officers’ Conclave was organised in New Delhi on October 26 & 27, 2023.
- The theme of the conclave was ‘Towards an Inclusive Approach’.
- It comprised various brainstorming sessions and lectures on a variety of subjects including IT, health, HR, leadership and media sensitisation.
IEA: World Energy Outlook 2023
- According to the International Energy Agency, India is expected to have the highest growth in energy demand over the next three decades, however, India’s industrial sector will emit 30% less CO2 by 2030, and passenger cars will emit 25% less CO2 per kilometre driven.
- World Energy Outlook is Published every year and provides critical analysis and insights on trends in energy demand and supply.
Amritsar, Kapurthala among 30 cities selected for Swadesh Darshan 2.0
- In Punjab, two cities, Amritsar and Kapurthala, have been included in the 30 cities of historical and religious tourism importance of 15 States of the country selected under the Swadesh Darshan 2.0 scheme of the Union Ministry of Tourism
- Under this, 70 crores of rupees will be spent on development works in Amritsar and Kapurthala in Punjab
Indian-origin astrophysicist at UK helps unravel cosmic mystery
- An Indian-origin astrophysicist from the University of Sheffield, UK is part of a team of scientists who have helped bring humanity one step closer to understanding how the heaviest chemical elements are created in universe with the help of a high-end camera
- The camera is the first instrument to pinpoint the location of the gamma-ray burst that indicated the start of the kilonova explosion
Stay informed on the latest International, National, Sports, Economy, schemes, appointments, and current affairs updates with the comprehensive coverage provided by Defence Guru Current Affairs. Our platform is your reliable source for daily updates and insights into the dynamic world of current affairs. Keep yourself up to date with us!