Indian Navy conducts Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) to select Officers in Naval Armament Inspection Cadre (NAIC), ATC, Observer, Pilot (MR), Logistics, IT, Engineering Branch (GS), Electrical Branch & Education Cadres on Both Short Service Commission (SSC) & Permanent Commission (PC).
Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET Exam) will be an online exam similar to that of Indian Navy used to recruit for officer candidate through NDA, CDS and few direct navy entries. This exam will open more gates for eligible candidates to join the Indian Navy as an Officer to serve the Nation.
INET Exam Selection Procedure
1. Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
2. Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention their preferences in the application so as to be considered for other choices in case of slots for SSBs in entries of their first choice are filled.
3. Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their INET rank and their preference of choice.
However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate Branch/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that Branch/Cadre.
4. Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stages of the selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre only.
5. No equivalent stream of BE/ B.Tech other than that mentioned will be considered valid for the selection process at any stage.
6. SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Candidates who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be sent back on the same date. For more detail of the SSB Procedure visit to www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
7. After getting recommended in the SSB, candidates will be sent through Medical examination as applicable to their entry. Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination.
8. Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of each branch/cadre based on the availability of the number of vacancies in various branches/cadres.
INET Exam Syllabus
INET exam will be of two hours duration. It will contain 100 Multiple Choice Questions comprising Questions on English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability, General Science, Mathematical Aptitude & General Knowledge. Each section will be of 100 marks with negative marking of one mark for incorrect answer.
Indian Navy INET English Syllabus
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and Phrases
- One-word substitution
- Sentence or Phrase Improvement
- Sentence correction/ Spotting the error
- Sentence or Phrase Improvement
- Active/ Passive Voice
- Direct-Indirect Speech
3. Reading Comprehension
4. Sentence Rearrangement
Indian Navy INET Numerical Ability and Mathematics Syllabus
Ratio & Proportion
Profit & Loss
Time, Speed & Distance
Time & Work
Permutation & Combination / Probability
Indian Navy INET Reasoning Syllabus
Cubes and dice
Number and letter series
Clocks and Calendars
Indian Navy INET English General Knowledge
Polity & Governance
Culture, Books & Awards
Countries and Capitals
Dates and Committees
Science and Technology