Indian Navy has published the notification of 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry Scheme for the course commencing in January 2020 at Indian Naval Academy. Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four year degree course under the 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
DATE OF OPENING â€“ 31 MAY 2019
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION â€“ 17 JUN 2019
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:Age: Born between 02 Jul 2000 and 01 Jan 2003 (both dates inclusive). Educational Qualification: Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII). Who can Apply: Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) -2019 (for B.E./ B.Tech) exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) â€“ 2019 All India Rank. MEDICAL STANDARDS: All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulations. There is no relaxation in medical standard on any ground. Guidelines for physical standards are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in Relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding domicile of specific regions details of which are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Guidelines for tattoo are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
THE NAVY OFFERS YOU:
- Promotions: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical condition.,
- Pay and Allowances: The admissible pay and allowances alongwith other facilities & privileges are available on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Group Insurance & Gratuity: A basic Insurance cover of Rs. One Crore (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
- Leave Entitlements: On commission, officers are entitled to annual and casual leave as per extent regulations. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
- Sports & Adventure: The Navy provides facilities for various sports. In addition, one can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
- IHQ of MoD(Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2019. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from Aug â€“ Oct 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form. You are advised to maintain your mobile number and e-mail ID till selection process is over.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding further change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call up officer of the concerned SSB.
- Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability of batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for particular type of commission on production of tickets. Candidates are required to carry photo copy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB
- The training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2020.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, based on All India Merit and number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks.
- Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four year B. Tech Course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
- The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 31 May to 17 Jun 2019.
- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, JEE (Main)-2019 scorecard (indicating All India Rank) and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- If any scanned document is not legible / readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
- Print one copy of online application form and carry it along with original certificates/documents as mentioned in Para 22 Note (c) while appearing for SSB interview.