CAPF AC Exam Notification 2020 - Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
CAPF AC 2020 Exam Notification Check Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Eligibility
Notification for CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) AC (Assistant Commandants) Exam
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to the uniform nomenclature of seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs. They are the Assam Rifles (AR), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard (NSG), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Recruitment is conducted mainly in three modes
- - Gazetted Officers: Officers in CAPFs are recruited through the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination conducted by UPSC.
- - Subordinate Officers: Sub Inspectors are recruited through competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission and they are referred as DASOs (Directly Appointed Subordinate Officers).
- - Constables: Constables are recruited through competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
CAPF Exam Highlights
- Exam- Central Armed Police Forces Examination
- Conducted By- Union Public Service Commission
- Name of the Post- Assistant Commandant
- Number of Vacancies- Approximately 400
- Frequency- Once a year
- Age Limit- 20-25 years
- Educational Qualification- Graduation
- Application mode- Online
- Application fee- INR 200
- Gender- Male and female are eligible
- Selection Procedure- Written, physical test and interview
- Number of Applications- Approximately 3 lacs
- E-Admit card- 3 weeks before the exam
- Withdrawal of Application- Yes
- Website- www.upsc.gov.in
CAPF Notification 2020
The UPSC has released the CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC) recruitment notification for a total of 323 vacancies. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by the Commission can apply online for the Assistant Commandant posts. Interested aspirants can apply online for CAPF AC until May 12, 2020. This year there are a total of 398 vacancies released for Assistant Commandants (ACs) Posts in the Central Armed Police Forces. The examination will be held on August 09, 2020, in accordance with the rules for the examination published by the Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India. Admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
CAPF 2020 Number Of Vacancies
The UPSC releases the CAPF notification to shortlist the candidates for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A). CAPF 2020 Security Forces Vacancies are as follows-
- - Border Security Force (BSF)- 100
- - Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)- 108
- - Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)- 28
- - Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)- 21
- - Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)- 66.
CAPF Important Dates 2020
- - CAPF AC Notification- April 22, 2020
- - Online applications starting date- April 22, 2020
- - Last date to apply- May 12, 2020
- - Admit card- July 28, 2020
- - CAPF AC exam date- August 09, 2020
- - CAPF AC result- September 2020.
No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Educational Qualification:
Here are the certain educational qualifications that the applicants must possess to be eligible for CAPF:
- - As part of UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university. The University should be incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- - Other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 are also acceptable.
- - Those candidates, who have appeared in the qualifying examination and have yet not got their results, can also apply for CAPF Exam. But, it must be kept in mind that the admission would be provisional until the candidate produces proof of passing the examination after qualifying the entrance test of CAPF.
- Age Limit :
- - The candidate must have acquired a minimum age of 20 years. The upper age limit of the candidate must be 25 years. However, the upper age limit up to a maximum of five years can be relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- - Up to a maximum of three years for the candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes can be relaxed.
- - The candidate who wishes to apply for CAPF 2020 must be an Indian national. Both female and male candidates can apply for the CAPF exam. There are different medical standards set by UPSC to apply for the desired post through UPSC CAPF 2020.
- - The candidates who have already been once selected on the basis of the CAPF exam earlier cannot apply for the exam.
CAPF Application Procedure
- - Interested candidates who satisfy the eligibility conditions set by the Commission can apply online for the Assistant Commandant post through the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- - The online application process comprises of two stages.
- - Candidates are advised to scan their photograph and signature prior to filling up the application form.
- - The photograph and signature should be in the .jpg format. The file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- - Aspirants should avoid multiple applications.
- - Candidates are suggested to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online Applications.
- - There is no option for the withdrawal of online application for CAPF.
- - In order to apply online, candidates can use the link – CAPF AC Application Process.
CAPF - AC Examination Pattern
Central Armed Police Forces Examination Recruitment for Assistant Commandant takes place after a selection procedure that includes:
Scheme of Exam:
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan;
Written Examination: The written examination is going to be conducted by the UPSC on August 18, 2019, and will comprise two papers, i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II and the structure as follows:
Paper-I: General Ability and Intelligence - 250 Marks. The questions in this paper will be of objective (multiple answers) type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension - 200 Marks. The candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi for this paper, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/language skills will be English only.
- - In Paper II, candidates should have to ensure that they should have to write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different Components as mentioned.
- - Other than the allowed medium, no credit will be given for answers written other than the selected language. So, candidates will be required to indicate the medium of Essay Component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book.
- - No credit will be given for the Essay Component if the candidate indicates a medium on the Attendance List and on the Answer Book other than the one in which he/she has written the Essay.
- - In each paper, there will be minimum qualifying marks separately as fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Firstly, Paper-I will be evaluated and the evaluation of Paper-II will be done only for those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
Physical Standards/Physically Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Tests: For those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as mentioned below:
- - 100 Meters Race-(For males) In 16 Seconds. (For females) In 18 Seconds.
- - 800 Meters Race-(For males) In 3 Minutes 45 Seconds. (For females) In 4 Minutes 45 Seconds.
- - Long Jump-(For males) 3.5 Meters. (For females) 3 Meters.
- - Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)- 4.5 Meters ( Only for males ).
Interview/Personality Test: The candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by UPSC. The candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks. The candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
- - Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- - Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones or any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination, as the arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured. A commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Final Selection/Merit: The merit list is drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Leave a Reply
Defence Guru Team feels pleasure to appreciate from you ! Required fields are marked *.