All about Command Task in SSB GTO
GTO is a 2-day process under which many indoor and outdoor tests are conducted to evaluate candidates’ suitability for the Armed Forces. GTO Tests consist of Group Discussion (GD), Group Planning Exercise (GPE),
Progressive Group Task (PGT), Group Obstacle Race (GPE), Progressive Group Task (PGT), Group Obstacle Race, Lecturette, Half Group Task, Command Task, Individual Obstacles, Final Group Task.
GTO Tasks are conducted to evaluate the following OLQs (Officer Like Qualities)-:
- Organising Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Social Adjustment
- Social Effectiveness
- Ability to influence group
Command Task is a very important test among all GTO tests because Command Task is one of the Individual Tasks in GTO Tasks. In this task, you alone will be under constant observation of the GTO Officer who will be noticing every decision you make. Thus, it is very important for candidates to perform better in Command Tasks. Command Task is important from the Armed Forces point of view. Armed Forces require people who can command troops, solve complex problems, prepare plans, and play the role of leader. Command Task is conducted to assess the suitability of candidates for such roles.
How Command Task is conducted?
- Under this command task, you will be given an assignment/problem to solve/complete. You will be made a commander for solving the problem or completing the assignment.
- You can call 2-3 fellow candidates of your choice for assisting you to complete the command task. They will work as your subordinate.
- After calling your fellow candidates, GTO will brief you about the command task and the assignment. He will explain the rules also.
- You will get a maximum of 15 minutes to solve the problem or complete the assignment.
Tips for Command Task
- Listen to the Briefing of the GTO Officer very carefully. If you have any doubts, ask immediately to GTO.
- Call Suitable Candidates only to assist you in the command task. If the command task allotted to you requires handling of weight, then call muscular candidates to assist you in the command task.
- Observe the structure of the command task very carefully and try to think about the possible solution.
- Do not break any rule or let your subordinates break any rule. If any rule is broken, then repeat the action again.
- During the command task, GTO will try to pressurize you. Do not fall for pressure, focus on the task and solve it.
- Give clear instructions to your subordinates and never yell at them. Command them respectfully.
- If you are stuck in a command task, do not ask for help from your subordinates. Try to look for other solutions.
- GTO can remove any helping material or make tasks more difficult. Do not get panicked in this situation. Keep trying to solve the task.
You must have understood the importance of the command tasks in GTO, that’s why it is very important for candidates to prepare very well for the command task. Candidates should follow the above-mentioned tips and understand the procedure of command tasks before going for actual SSB. You can get more knowledge about SSB Interviews, NDA preparation, CDS preparation, and other defence eczema preparation by reading our related articles.