EASY PATHWAY TO QUALIFY WRITTEN AFCAT
Done with your graduation? Struggling with career? Answer me, how do you define career, what do you really want to earn in life from your career? Money, fame, reputation, luxury? If you want any or all of this then AFCAT is your secret chamber. No need to demoralize by the thought of competitive exams. Let me tell you dear, qualifying AFCAT is not at all a hard nut to crack. All you need is little hard work and lots of smart work. Below, I have jotted down some quick and easy ways to crack AFCAT:
WHAT AND WHY
- AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is a national level exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice a year to select officers for all its branches. The various branches of AFCAT include:
Ground Duty (technical and non technical);
- Eligibility- Graduate from a recognized university, with 60% marks. Both girls and boys can apply.
- Future- After qualifying the written exam of AFCAT you have to go through the SSB interview procedure which lasts for 5 days. You are then selected to be appointed in one of the branches of AFCAT.
- Salary- The salary package is quite handsome as it’s above 1 lakh. For more information consult the official site of Air Force. The basic pay band is Rs. 56,100 to 11, 0700; MSP- 15,500 along with numerous allowances like travelling, health, children education etc.
SOME GOLDEN TIPS
- Start with gathering complete knowledge of the syllabus and pattern.
- AFCAT conducts a two hour paper with 100 questions of 3 marks each. There is negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- Question paper is based on English, General Knowledge, Reasoning and Maths ( Air Force Aptitude)
- Carefully plan out your strategy to prepare. For that, analyse yourself- your strength and weaknesses. First work on the area (English, Reasoning, GK or Maths) over which you have a command and make yourself an expert of that domain. Then steadily move to the weaker areas.
- Buy good books, download apps and make your own notes. Here is a helpful tip: for best notes just consult the www.defenceguru.co.in Also study the books by Centurion Publications for they have the most relevant information. They are easy and comprehensible.
- Practice and regularity is the ultimate mantra here. Daily do your work, less or more but daily. Practice, on the other hand, is the only key to unlock the door of this exam.
Area wise preparation:
For English, read a lot, starting from newspaper to books. Learn 2 words daily with its synonym and antonym to enhance your vocabulary. Notice sentence formation and look out for errors wherever possible.
For General Knowledge, keep track of latest news and keep yourself updated with facts, global activities and current affairs. All this is easily available on www.defenceguru.co.in Also keep revising your old NCRT books as some elementary questions come from polity, science, geography etc. Moreover, listening to news while doing other work will utilize your time and you will gain information as well. Reading newspaper or news on any app will improve your English as well as general awareness.
For quantitative aptitude, practice daily. Learn formulas steadily. You can form your own codes for formulas. Don’t burden yourself with all topics of maths. Take each topic at a time and gain clarity in it.
Lastly, if you have a command over reasoning then it is your trump card.
- Next, manage your time smartly. First, attempt the field where you have a good hold. Personally telling, it’s a wise choice to commence with English, and then go for General Awareness followed by Reasoning and lastly Maths.
- Solve last 5- 10 years of question paper and take mock tests.
- Try not attempt doubtful questions as there is a risk of negative marking. Groom yourself enough to do at least 75% paper correct.
- After mock exams you are in a position to notice your progress and analyse where you need to work more. Note it in the form of feedback and repeat the above process of preparation!
- Lastly, make your preparation fun. Enjoy what you do, be it by singing newly learnt English words, rapping formulas or counting news of the day.
With the above guidelines AFCAT will surely be a cup of cake for you, extremely easy to crack!
For Online Mock Test of AFCAT Visit: http://onlinedefenceexam.com