15 questions for preparation of AFSB interview
Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) is concerned with the selection of the candidates who cleared AFCAT exam. The aspirants who have cleared the AFCAT exam needs to clear the AFSB interview as well in order to join the Indian Air Force under technical & non-technical post.
Here we will be discussing about the questions which the AFSB board can ask to the candidates.
Let’s start with some basic questions:
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Give us a strong reason why you have chosen the Air Force but not any other services?
- What do you know about the Indian Air Force? What are the newest additions in the IAF?
- Tell us about your school life? Your favourite teachers & subjects, the extra-curricular activities in which you took part during school days.
Now let’s move a step further:
- What are your strength & weaknesses and how do you channelize them in order to achieve your goals?
- Every human being has some fears, what are yours and how do you overcome them?
- Tell us about an incident which has bought a major change in your personality.
- If you aren’t selected today, what will be your Plan B?
Let’s go to another level:
- What are you opinions regarding the on-going national issues?
- What do you think about the increasing number of Live-in relationships in our society?
- What are your opinions regarding our country’s Foreign relation policy?
- Whom do you call your Role model and which habit of that person motivates & brings a positive change in your personality?
- If you get Aladdin’s Lamp for one day with only one wish. What wish will you make?
- What are your opinions relating to the society and your relatives?
- How do you prevent yourself getting into a heated argument and maintaining your mental health as well as your relation with other?
These are some of the questions which may appear in front of you in the AFSB interview by the panel. There are no “Black & White” or “Right & Wrong” sides to these questions, as they are purely subjective in nature and there answers may vary person to person.
The panel usually asks the situation based questions in order to check the reflexes of the candidates. Apart from these the panellists can also ask questions related to their journey as how have they came for giving the exam/which difficulties they faced while reaching the exam center.
Read More About