Important Questions For SSB Interview
Important Questions For SSB Interview
Personal Interview is a very important part of SSB and also a good chance for the candidates to make a decent impression. A personal interview (PI) is the most crucial test of SSB interview. Candidates must prepare for the Personal Interview questions before attending SSB Interview. The main objective behind conducting this PI is to conclude OLQs (Officer Like Qualities) of candidate. You are bound to encounter awkward, funny as well as tricky SSB interview questions. Below given are few examples of questions asked in such interviews and how you are supposed to answer them correctly.
To start with, the IO will ask some personal queries regarding your educational details, family background, hobbies, achievements, etc. That is to check overall communication skills and thinking approach of a candidate. Power of expression is also analysed by the IO here.
SSB Interview Question
QUESTIONS ASKED IN SSB DURING PERSONAL INTERVIEW (PI)
Question asked From Educational Background:-
- How much you scored in your tenth, twelfth and graduation.
- Why there is decrease in the mark level and what you did to overcome that difficulty.
- Which subject you like more and why
- Which subject you don’t like and why
- Achievements in the study
- Tel specialty about your school and college
- Which teacher you like most why
- Which teacher you don’t like and why
- Why you have chosen to study this branch
- Whether you chosen the particular branch of study by self or by others compulsion (Parents)
- Why there is some gap in studies between inter college and graduation.
- How you improved the percentage from tenth to twelfth and what are steps you taken to achieve this.
- If you scored less marks in twelfth than in tenth, the question is what are the steps you Have taken to overcome this decrease in percentage not to continue in graduation.
- What your friends and teachers think about you
- How you think about your friends and teachers
Question asked From Family Background:-
- How much pocket money you got in your college days and how much you utilized.
- How you help your mother in your holidays
- How you help your father
- You are close to father or mother and why
- How much you like your father and mother
- How you are responsible person to your family
- Say about your sister and brother
- Whom you like most and why
- With whom you play more
- Which person other than in your family and friends you like more and why
- What’s you father/mother rank in the working place and income they are getting
- How they are utilizing their income and are you satisfied with that
- If your family is totally dependent on you tomorrow, how you will help or run the family.
Question asked From Friends:-
- How will you get new friends?
- Which type of friends you like
- How many friends you have
- Out of friends how many are close to you
- In your friends to whom you share the personal things
- What you like in your best friend and What he likes in you
- What your friend or friends say about you
- What you say about you and your friends.
- Which thing you like in your close friend and why.
- How you will help your friend or helped your friend any good moments.
- How you and your friends/friend do in your free times or in holidays.
Question asked For Working Professionals:-
- What your co workers will say about you
- What you say about your boss
- What your boss say about you
- Tel about your company or organization
- Why you are leaving your previous job
- What you like most in your job
- What you don’t like in your job
- What difficulty you faced in your job and what are the steps you taken to overcome that Difficulty.
- Why are you leaving the present job?
Question asked From Hobbies and Interests:-
- What is your hobby?
- Why you have chosen this hobby
- From when you are doing this hobby
- What are the things you have learn from your hobby
- What are the new things you implemented in your hobby?
- What’s your childhood hobby and what are you doing now
- Why you change the child hood hobby to this(recent one)
- They require vast knowledge in the hobby since everyone will have a hobby, but a candidate with good attitude will get information about their hobbies.
- The different types of hobbies are music, singing, blogging, reading, philately, photography, trekking etc. Create questions based on your hobby and make responses for that to get thorough knowledge over that.
What type of news channel, Tv shows you see and which periodical you used to read and why?
Question asked From Games and Sports:-
- Which game you like and why?
- Why you have chosen an indoor game rather than an outdoor game
- Why you have chosen an outdoor game rather than an indoor game
- Whom you like more in your team if we say cricket or foot ball etc
- What is your position in the team i.e. as a team member or captain?
- Depth of knowledge in the Games or sports. i.e. Questions from size of the play
ground/court size and rules of the game and recent world records in the game etc
- Which player you like most and why
- What you want to improve or you suggestion for our team in the game/sports you play
- A good young youth with good physique should play a game in his spare time. So every one
will have a game/sports to play. If you don’t have a game to play just join any club of your
Interests and start to play.
As it helps you to get more OLQ’s. Also get a thorough knowledge in the game which you used to play.
Checking the Leadership and Organizing ability:-
Leadership and organizing ability is the important quality of every officer. So these part of the Process seems to be important. The officer may give a situation to check our organizing ability also he asked questions from the PIQ in the fields of extracurricular and co curricular activities such as N.S.S and N.C.C. etc.
E.g. If you going to Industrial Visit tour to the nearby Industry. Suddenly you coordinator got accident, how you will arrange the tour and make it successful one. Like this he gives different situations and ask questions over that.
If you play a game or sports, how you will organize that game like that.
Co-Curricular and Extra-curricular activities:-
The Co-Curricular and Extra-curricular activities includes such as N.S.S. , N.C.C , Volunteer of
blood donation association, Friends of Police etc.
1. When you joined in N.C.C. /N.S.S. and why
2. What you achieved in that
3. Positions held in that
4. Grade of certificates got such as A,B,C etc
5. Who motivated to join in N.C.C
3. Social problem or Candidate Solution type questions:-
In these part the IO may ask questions such as world issues, national issues and solution for
those issues. Also he checks the depth of knowledge and our approach to the issues. He asks our
views to the issues and solution for the issue.
Eg:- He asks the candidate that the views of nation on terrorism is good or bad, if good why it is
good and if bad why it is bad, then tel you solution like this.
Current Affairs and General Knowledge and issues:-
- He also ask some history and current affairs of the nation and world.
Eg. Tel five things you recently read in newspaper. Tel deeply about a particular news.
- Technical questions or Practical Knowledge questions.
If we go to the TGC entry i.e Technical Graduation Course and TES entry i.e. Technical Entry
Scheme they may put forward some basic technical questions relating to our daily day to day life.
Eg. If we say that we play cricket, he may ask how you will apply physics law to the swing bowling
etc. Also you will apply the phythogores theorem to the table tennis service etc
- If you are from engineering back ground the questions also from,
Basic Network questions
Basic physics laws
All Engineering fundamental questions.
In these set of questions he find out our practical knowledge. i.e. application of our theoretical
knowledge in the physical day to day tasks which is essential for the army men.
How to approach the Personal Interview DO’s and DONT’s:-
The approach of the PI is an art, the one with good attitude and truthful with the information provided and self will surely get success in the PI.
DO’s and DONT’s:-
- Enter the room with head held high and up raised chest as this gives you a confident approach.
- Never insert your hands into your pocket, leave it casually.
- First impression gives you a positive outcome.
- Prefer dress with good quality and should be properly ironed.
- Wear dress which is properly stitched and of good fitting.
- Avoid boot cuts and all.. Wear proper formal pant.
- Don’t wear jewelry at all or keep hell lot of things in your pocket.
- Have proper hair cut before the interview and comb the hair well.
- Wish the IO while entering the room with proper sense such as check whether is morning, or evening or noon.
- Have a proper and constant voice tone, never raise your voice tone while telling about your
Achievements or reduce your voice tone while telling about your negative points.
- Have proper answer for your positive and negative points
- Proper body language is a must.
- Don’t argue with the IO. But tell your point in a positive way.
- Understand the questions clearly and and start to answer to that question slowly and Confidently.
- In case, if you felt that you don’t know the answer, just say after thinking a while, sorry sir i
Don’t know the answer.
- In case, if you didn’t get the question from the IO means, ask him as sorry sir, i beg your pardon, please repeat the question.
- Never blame anyone for your shortcomings such as low marks due to teacher etc. Since they don’t want people who blame for shortcomings. They want people only who take every situation positive and overcome the shortcomings with hard work.
Leave a Reply
Defence Guru Team feels pleasure to appreciate from you ! Required fields are marked *.