Hair Cut Rule for Female Cadets in National Defence Academy
Since the Supreme Court’s Judgment to allow entry of female cadets into NDA, one batch of 19 Girls has already begun their training in NDA and another batch is ready to join NDA very soon. But, there are thousands of girls who are wondering what it will be like to join the National Defence Academy. Many Girls eagerly want to know how their hairs are going to look like in NDA.
Through this article, we are going to give you complete information on ‘Hair Cut Rule for Female Cadets in National Defence Academy-
Female Cadets will have to opt for ‘Choice Based Short Hair Style’ in NDA. It means that Female Cadets at NDA will have crew-cut military hairstyle just like their male counterpart. But According to a report published in Hindustan Times, one officer at NDA clarified that it will not be mandatory for female cadets to opt for a crew cut military hairstyle. After observing pictures of first-batch female cadets, it is certain that all female cadets have a crew-cut hairstyle.
What is Crew Cut Hairstyle?
A crew cut is a hairstyle in which there are short hairs on top with more shorter hairs on the sides and back of the head. It is the most common hairstyle among soldiers and officers of the Armed Forces across the world.
Crew Cut Hairstyle of Male and Female Cadets
Reason for Crew Cut Hairstyle at National Defence Academy
- Easy to maintain- Candidates have very tight-packed schedules at NDA which is why they get very less time for taking care of them. Crew Cut Hairstyle is very easy to maintain which is why it is a preferred hairstyle for NDA Cadets.
- Ease of training- At NDA, candidates have to undergo various types of training. Long hair creates lots of problems during this training which is why cadets prefer crew-cut hairstyle.
- Uniformity- Crew Cut Hairstyle ensures uniformity among all cadets of NDA. All the cadets will look the same and there will be no inferiority complex among the cadets in a crew-cut hairstyle.
- Hygiene- Short hairs are easy to maintain and wash which is why the crew cut hairstyle is a preferred hairstyle for NDA cadets from the hygiene point of view.
Hair Cut Rules for Female Cadets in Other Training Academies
- Officers Training Academy- Female Cadets have to mandatorily opt for a crew cut hairstyle just like their male counterpart.
- Air Force Academy- Female Cadets can keep long hairs but hairs should be properly tied and should fly in the air.
- Indian Naval Academy- Haircut Rules for female cadets at Indian Naval Academy are same as the haircut rules at AFA. Female cadets at INA can keep long hairs and hairs should be properly tied.
Hair Cut Rules for Female Officers in the Indian Armed Forces
- After commissioning, Female Officers can keep long hairs but hairs should be properly tied and hairs should not fly in air.
- Female Officers can not colour their hairs as per the rules of the Indian Armed Forces.
Defence Exams in India for Female Candidates
Top 10 Facilities and Special Allowances Of Indian Army Officers
NDA GAT Model Question Paper 2023 Download PDF