TAT TIPS FOR SSB
TAT TIPS FOR SSB
HELLO, YOUNG DEFENCE ASPIRANTS!
Hope you all are doing well. Round the year you all have to face SSB's, so, today I have brought a solution to your doubts through an article on TAT, to guide you about the right approach to attempt TAT and about the do's and don'ts, as well as, to explain you how a good TAT attempt can confirm your selection at Services Selection Board to serve in the most Prestigious Organization of India.
How To Prepare For TAT in SSB
WHAT IS TAT?
TAT that is THEMATIC APPERCEPTION TEST is the first test of the PSYCHOLOGICAL SERIES, conducted on Day 2, after you clear the screening test. TAT is the test of candidate’s imagination. In TAT series of 11 CLEAR/VAGUE/ HAZY Picture plus 1 BLANK Image is shown to the candidate. After visualizing the picture, a candidate interprets the picture shown according to his imagination. During this process, the thought process of the candidate is stimulated and based on that he pen downs his story.
ORIGIN OF TAT
The concept of yielding out self-perceived imagination by visualizing pictures was first introduced by MURRAY AND MORGAN, who first used these methods in 1903 and the same is generally used in India.
The motive kept behind this theory is, that the candidate will organize material from his own personal experience, partially as a result of stimulus that he receives after visualizing the picture, as well as partially from what he finds from his past experience. In this way a proper JUDGMENT OF A CANDIDATE’S PERSONALITY, that is, his past and present is done by the Psychologist based on the responses given by candidate in the TAT stories.
PROCEDURE OF TAT
TAT contains a total of 12 STORIES that is 11 CLEAR/HAZY/VAGUE PICTURES and 1 BLANK IMAGE, on which a candidate is required to frame a story. The pictures projected to the candidate are shown for 30 seconds each and 4 minutes are then given to the candidate to write his response in the form of a story.
IMPORTANCE OF TAT
If we talk about the importance of TAT, then aspirants:
- The first is that it is the check of CANDIDATE’S IMAGINATION.
- It is the method of EXPLORING THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND of a candidate by stimulating his thoughts through the projection of various types of pictures and then interpreting his responses in the form of stories.
- It is a method where in the candidate is given FREEDOM TO THINK in order to REVEAL HIS TRUE SELF.
- The reason behind this test being story based as well as written is to develop STRESS BY CONSTRAINT OF TIME over candidates mind so that he gives only his first thought as a response so that his true self is revealed to the Psychologist.
ESSENTIALS FOR TAT
Now comes the most important part of this article that is, the Essentials to remember while attempting TAT.
- The candidate should try to focus on every detail that is being shown in the picture.
- The Number Of Characters Being Shown
- The Mood Of The Characters
- The Physical Features Present In The Picture
- The Time Of The Day In The Picture
- The Background Of The Picture Etc.
This will help a candidate to build a story that relates very close to the situation.
- The candidate must recognize ONE MAIN CHARACTER in the story as the HERO of the story. This hero is that person whom the candidate resembles to as himself so, one must keep in mind that the hero should possess such qualities that are required by an officer of armed forces. The Hero should NOT BECOME A SUPERHERO, rather he should behave like a NORMAL PERSON with a Balanced Approach towards every situation.
- Give Recognization to the Hero of the story by offering details about him, like:-
- His Age
- His Gender
- His Designation
- You can also add the Place name to add more relevancy and realistic feel to your story.
- Let the HERO of the story do more and MORE WORK. This gives a reflection of him as a Hard Working, Serving and Initiative taking person, which is the reflection OF OFFICER LIKE BEHAVIOUR.
- The most apt base to write a story should be on these three parameters:-
- WHAT LED TO THE SITUATION (2-3 LINES)
- WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE STORY (5-6 LINES)
- WHAT WILL BE THE OUTCOME (1-2 LINES)
- OPTIMUM AND MAXIMUM UTILISATION of available resources becomes the requirement for every candidate, while attempting TAT. Question arises, that Which Resources Are To Be Utilised? In every Person’s Life on this Earth there are these Four Resources which he can utilise to make his life easier and tackle every situation.
- One must ensure to UTILIZE OTHER PEOPLE in the picture shown because in reality every situation requires team work and unified efforts to yield the desired outcome. So a proper utilisation of the available Human Resource gives justification to the efforts of the Hero.
- PROPER AND SEQUENTIAL PLANNING makes the stories more effective.
- Inclusion of CURRENT GOVERNMENT SCHEMES, as well as programs related to social benefits of the society can also be included in the story which makes it more effective.
- Make PRECISE SENTENCES.
- Always keep in mind that the plot of the story should appear REAL as well as INTERESTING. You are free to imagine but also remember that you do not end up writing down a fictional story .So, make sure to give the story a touch of reality and make it interesting by adding proper planning.
This is all about TAT Aspirants. I have summed up all the important points related to TAT in this article .Hope this article has cleared your doubts regarding TAT. It is earnestly hoped that this article will meet the Requirements and Expectations of all the candidates preparing for SSB.
Leave a Reply
Defence Guru Team feels pleasure to appreciate from you ! Required fields are marked *.